Big Island Deaf Club at a Glance
The mission of the Big Island Deaf Club is to promote, protect, and preserve the rights and quality of life of Deaf and Hard of Hearing individuals on Big Island, Hawaii.Goals:
• To host events and support events organized by other organizations which serve to strengthen the Big Island Deaf community,
• To serve as an information resource for parents and businesses regarding educational resources for Deaf children, ADA rights of Deaf individuals, Deaf cultural and communication needs,
• To support summer camps for Deaf children,
• To advocate for interpreters for Big Island Deaf and hard of hearing community
• To educate the general public about Deafness
• To provide Deaf mentors and role models for Deaf children
Big Island Deaf Club is achieving more with our initiatives than ever before. We work on many exciting projects to help improve the lives of the deaf community, and are very proud of the progress we continue to make. Learn more about what we do, who we help, and how we work every day to promote positive change.
“i ka olele no ke ola, i ka olele no ka make (in language there is life, in language there is death)."